- Open main water supply(s)
- Activate each sprinkler zone from controllers and insure auto operation
- Evaluate each sprinkler head to help minimize water usage.
- Clear grass overgrowth from interfering with sprinkler heads
- Adjust heads to gain clearance of any obstructing plants or roots
- Program automatic controller to specified Water District and Customer needs
- Manually test all rain sensors
If the sprinkler requires and needs any major repairs, Creative Landscaping by Cow Bay will supply a detailed written report including Cow Bay budget price to complete the work. If all are in agreement, we will schedule an appointment to perform the necessary repairs.
BackFlow Device Installation and Testing
The New York State Department of Health and all local Water Districts or Departments mandate that all commercial irrigation systems (1) install a backflow device and that (2) every backflow device must be tested on a yearly basis. Creative Landscaping by Cow Bay has several certified Backflow Specialists on staff. Whether your property requires a backflow device installation or annual backflow testing, Creative Landscaping by Cow Bay is available to test your system at your convenience.
Summer Check-Up ( July-August)
Because your property needs change with the weather, Creative Landscaping by Cow Bay offers a monthly check up to keep your sprinkler system running efficiently to promote a healthy landscape. Summer services consist of the following:
- Zone by zone check for proper operation and coverage
- Make any necessary sprinkler head adjustments due to the growth of plantings
- Clear all heads of obstruction including overgrown grass
- Adjust heads to compensate for plant growth
- Comprehensive system leak check
- Reset auto timer for seasonal watering needs
- Written assessment of checkup and estimate for any necessary major repairs
Winter Turn-Off (November-December)
This service is done at the end of the sprinkler season in November/December, depending on the needs of the landscape. For the Winter Turn-Off the following are performed:
- Each individual main water supply(s) for the sprinkler system is closed
- Hook-Up air compressor to exterior winterizing port in valves boxes.
- Go through system, zone by zone, and purge water from lines with approximately 90 p.s.i of air pressure
- Switch controller to Off/ Rain Position for winter months.